CPP Study Group – Are you ready to take your next career step? Awaiting new dates …but sign up to register your interest! It is complimentary for ASIS members.
ASIS Chapter 140 have a call for interest for those who are interested in the CPP designation. The support for the study group consists of the following elements:
- Weekly sessions to go through material – meetings are from 1600 hrs to 1730 hrs.
- Access to a controlled web hosting materials including past presentations, standards, and other materials intended to help study; certain study materials will also be available to the study group on a library loan basis.
- Support from CPP’s within the Chapter to help guide personnel through specific subjects.
- Study Group Dates: Jan 17 2019 – March 2019
- The 2019 year will begin with a CPP Study Group beginning on 17 January and carrying on for eight weeks. They will run from 1600 to 1730 hours at Suite 209 of 2650 Queensview Drive each Thursday with a backup session available on Friday evening. Those involved in the group will be given access to the group website which will house much of the study materials and also holds copies of previous years material. This website is currently being updated as part of the normal efforts to ensure that the information is relevant and timely with respect to the examination.
- First session will be a general introduction and can allow participants to learn more.
Requirements: Those that have submitted their application to write the examination are welcome to attend. The standard fee for ASIS members is $300 USD. More details on fees and certification requirements below. Please bring confirmation of this to the first meeting. Space is limited and those seeking to attend should contact the ASIS Chapter and register online.
Signing Up for the Study Group
There are three steps to signing up for this group. You must be a member of the ASIS Chapter #140 as this is a complimentary study opportunity. This page describes those steps:
- Sign up for the CPP Examination via the main ASIS International website. We will accept proof that you have submitted your application to ASIS International.
- Contact the Chapter 140 through their website registration form (see below)
- Contact the coordinator of the group (information to be provided)
For more information, please contact the Chapter Certification Committee Chair – Al McDougall, CPP, PSP @ [email protected].
Meeting Notes: Please note that this study group will be working within a secure space. Cell phones and recording devices will not be allowed within the space but can be secured with the Manager of Physical Security upon entry. You will need photo ID to enter the facility.
Helpful Links: Certification – How can this help your career?
Certification Requirements: https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Apply-for-Certification/Pages/default.aspx
Preparing for a Certification Handbook https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Resources/Documents/Certification%20Exam%20Handbook.pdf
Not a member of ASIS but interested in joining: