ASIS board certification is a visible acknowledgment that you possess a mastery of core security principles and skills essential to the best practice of security management. It shows you are committed to excellence, professional growth, and a code of conduct.
Benefits of Certification
- Demonstrate your advanced knowledge in security management
- Elevating your stature in the profession and gain instant professional credibility
- Gaining a competitive edge in the marketplace and stand above the competition
- Enhancing your career and earnings potential. ASIS certificants earn an average of 20% higher salaries than those without an ASIS certification (per ASIS Certification Survey – April 2019)
- Broadening experience and training
- Enjoy personal satisfaction and professional achievement
The Value of an ASIS Certification to Your Employer
- Build a strong, dedicated team committed to high standards and continuing professional development
- Promote ongoing enhancement of critical job knowledge and skills
- Feel confident that your staff are using best practices
- Recruit the most qualified professionals
- Reinforce or elevate your organization’s reputation and credibility
The ASIS foundation also offers certification scholarships every year.
The Ottawa chapter regularly host certification webinars and study groups based on the demands of its members.
In 2021 the Ottawa Chapter received a grant from the ASIS foundation to use CPP starter kits and hosted virtual certification study group.
If you are interested to know more about certification, if you have questions about certification program or would like to sign-up to a certification study group contact us (link here).
Demonstrate your competency in the growing practice of Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM) with a brand-new certificate course. Completely self-paced and online, the ESRM certificate will give you the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to partner with your executive team to better manage security risk. Register here.
The Certified Protection Professional (CPP) is considered the “gold standard” for security management professionals. This certification validates your knowledge in all areas of security management. Eligibility requirements include 5-7 years of security experience and 3 years in responsible charge of a security function.
The Associate Protection Professional (APP) designation provides the first “rung” on the security manager’s career ladder. It is for those with 1-3 years of security management experience and measures the professional’s knowledge of security management fundamentals, business operations, risk management, and response management.
Professional Certified Investigator (PCIⓇ)
The Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) certification provides demonstrable proof of an individual’s knowledge and experience in case management, evidence collection, and preparation of reports and testimony to substantiate findings. Requirements include 3-5 years of investigations experience, with at least two years in case management.
Physical Security Professional (PSPⓇ)
The Physical Security Professional (PSP) demonstrates your knowledge in physical security assessments, application, design, and integration of physical security systems, and implementation of security measures. Eligibility requirements include 3-5 years of experience in the physical security field.