Experienced and Young Professionals, please continue to check our site periodically for career opportunities. We do our utmost to ensure that the postings are current however we encourage you to check the full details at the applicable websites.
If you would like to post a career position, please contact us. The service is free to employers or agencies. We would welcome the opportunity and can reach thousands of potential applicants.
Bi-Lingual (French/English) Security Advisor
Security Through Safe Design Inc. is recognized across Canada as a leader in the Security Industry providing security consulting services to private and public-sector clients, with a specialization within the Transit/Rail Industry, and are looking for a bi-lingual (French/English) Security Advisor to join the Ottawa team.
We are working with some of the most impressive and knowledgeable consortium’s delivering multi-billion-dollar, high profile projects across Canada. We have recently won several new contracts and are looking to hire individuals who are as excited about this kind of work as we are. The major job responsibilities will include performing Threat Risk Assessments, conducting security reviews, documenting the findings and recommendations in professional reports, interacting with Clients, supporting the implementation of major P3 projects and working together as a team to succeed in meeting and exceeding Client expectations.
We offer competitive rates of pay (based on experience), Company Benefits Plan and a dynamic office environment.
If you wish to apply or find out more about the position, please email [email protected].
National Arts Centre: Executive Director of Operations & Security Services
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Job Category: Operations
- Posting Date:November 6, 2017 / Closing Date:December 3, 2017
- Salary:$109,300.00 – $176,900.00/Year
- Language Requirement:Bilingual
- Job Reports To: President and Chief Executive Officer
- The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and management for all aspects of plant maintenance, CAPEX budgeting and planning, project and asset management, building security, and parking operations, to ensure that practices and systems are in place to enable the Centre to meet its operational and capital projects objectives. As a member of the NACâ€™s Senior Management Committee, this position reports directly to the President and CEO.
- Ensure that the building assets are safeguarded and controlled, that resources are managed economically and efficiently, and that operations are carried out effectively.
- Responsible for a budget of over $10 million and a newly renovated building facility of over a million square feet.
- Oversee maintenance management systems and practices; prioritize project repairs and maintenance work and plan for their efficient and timely completion.
- Ensure comprehensive and up-to-date information on the condition of the building by developing a long-term operating and capital plan; integrate new initiatives into the financial planning exercise so that there is capacity to achieve the strategic goals and priorities within the planned time frame and maintain the functionality of the Centre over the longer term.
- Oversee the security division and consistently ensure the highest level of security is being provided to our patrons, visitor, artists and employees.
- University degree in a related field of study such as Engineering or Business Management;
- Several years of progressively responsible experience in a complex building facility;
- Experience in security operations management;
- Experience negotiating and managing service contracts;
- Proven ability to analyze financial information efficiently and accurately;
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans, create and maintain budgets, manage cash flow and track expenditure;
- A strategic and collaborative leader with highly developed project management, people management and a history of effective relationships with senior officials;
- Proven ability to influence senior management with regard to key strategies;
- Knowledge and experience of organizational effectiveness and operations management, as well as implementing best practices;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives;
- Understanding of the sensitivity required when working in a creative environment;
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the NAC and ability to model those values in service delivery and partnerships;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times;
- Fluent in both official languages (English and French).
- For More information: National Arts Centre Executive Director of Operations and Security
Security Officer positions (Three Part Time)
- Job Number:J1117-0865 Job Title:Security Officer
- Employment Type:Part-Time continuing
- Job Category:Operations
- Open Positions:3
- Posting Date:November 22, 2017 Closing Date:December 10, 2017
- Language Requirement:Bilingual
- Working Hours:Shifts are mostly weekends, evenings and days 12:00am to 8:00am, 8:00am to 4:00pm and 4:00pm to 12:00am
- Job Reports To:Manager, Parking and Security Services and the Facilities Supervisor
- As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates of the following designated groups to apply to this exciting opportunity:
– Visible minorities
– Indigenous peoples
– Persons with disabilities.
- Reporting to the Manager, Parking and Security Services and the Facilities Supervisor, the incumbent is accountable for the security of the NAC facilities while providing information to the staff of the Centre, the artists and the visiting public.
- Additional duties include but not limited to:
- attending to the central command office;
- monitoring fire alarm panels and video surveillance cameras,
- accessing the control system and sensor and motion alarms,
- directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic,
- administrating building keys and access Fobs
- managing lost and found items,
- responding to emergency and first aid calls,
- patrolling the Centre during all hours especially during performance times, controlling crowds, securing all doors and entrances.
- College diploma in Law & Security with two (2) years related security experience, or an equivalent combination of education, work experience and a Provincial Security License;
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision;
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly in emergency situations;
- Must be able to stand & exert well paced mobility for up to 8 hours;
- Experience in customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and discretion with patrons;
- First Aid and CPR certificates would be an asset;
- WHMIS training a definite asset and will be required upon hire;
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement.*
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Further details on who can apply and for more information:
CSE is hiring ! Opportunities for professionals and students NCR Top Employer
Besides being a hub of collaboration and innovation, Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is one of Canada’s key security and intelligence organizations. For 70 years, CSE has been committed to the safety and security of Canada and Canadians. CSE plays an integral role in helping to protect Canada and Canadians against foreign-based terrorism, foreign espionage, cyber-attacks, kidnappings of Canadians abroad, attacks on our embassies and other serious foreign threats. CSE also provides a better understanding of global events and crises, helping to further Canada’s national interests in the world. Do you want to directly contribute to maintaining the safety and prosperity of Canada? If so, apply today!
Stay tuned…..Please send us your postings.