Are you looking for students or young professional talent? Do you have any internship opportunities or co-op program that you would like to advertise? Are you interested to partner with colleges and university security programs to support applied research in your field?
Education Committee Initiative
The ASIS Ottawa chapter is putting together new committees to help build a stronger foundation for our local security community. One of these committee is on education. The chapter wants to engage schools, universities and other educational institutions to support students that are interested in making a career in security, including young professionals. ASIS offers several scholarships, training and education events, certification, job advertisements and mentoring opportunities.
The role of the committee (terms of reference)
- Provide advice to the chapter on how to best engage and serve the local security education community of interest (academic & industry)
- Support and facilitate mentorship opportunities, education and networking activities
- Share and promote communication with student and young professionals
- Meet several times a year, with opportunity for non-committee member attendance
- Assist with promoting the annual student essay grant (3 winning prices of 1000$)
Committee Board Members
We are looking for volunteers and board members to join the committee and help create more opportunities for teachers, students and security professionals (including employers) from the capital region to connect with each other and build a stronger security network.