2022 Student Scholarship Competition
Recognizing that that cost is often a barrier to post-secondary education, and that being a student can come with its own set of financial challenges. The ASIS Ottawa Chapter 140 is pleased to announce that we will be offering a scholarship opportunity to local post-secondary students completing studies in a security-related discipline!
|Submission Deadline||October 31st 2022|
|Review of submission by panel||November 1st to 30th 2022|
|Winners Announcement||December 1st 2022|
- Prize: $2,000
In order to be eligible for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a post-secondary student in the National Capital Region enrolled in a current program or starting in the Fall of 2022.
- Applicant must be completing studies in one of the following (or equivalent) areas of study OR be involved on campus in a security or safety-related role (e.g. Student Safety Patrollers):
- Police Foundations / Law and Security Administration
- Law / Criminology
- Infrastructure Protection
- Risk Management
- Political Science / Public Administration with a focus on security-related topics
- Must submit a completed paper following the format requirements outlined in the evaluation criteria by the submission deadline.
Students from post-secondary institutions in the National Capital Region will be eligible to apply and participate by submitting a 500-1000 word paper in English or French on one of the following topics:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in security
- Effects of evolving technology, automation and artificial intelligence in the security industry.
- Changes you would make to the guard force industry.
- Where do you see the future of Emergency Management and Business Continuity going?
- Other related security topics
PAPER EVALUATION PROCESS
Each paper will be evaluated based on the evaluation criteria by a panel. Paper evaluations will be presented and shared with the Chapter Executive to award scholarship.
Our desire is to support these future young professionals in their studies and introduce them to the networking opportunities provided by membership and participation in our local chapter. Becoming an ASIS International member will provide you with a broad range of member-exclusive digital tools and content plus substantial savings on webinars, e-learning courses, and virtual events to enhance your skills, grow your network, and raise your professional profile—at any stage of your career!
Evaluation Criteria(PDF Download)
ASIS Student Membership