- ASIS Chapter 140 only collects personal information when you give it to us voluntarily, for example, by filling out a form.
- Visitors’ personal information received via e-mail is provided only to our Office personnel, who require the information to respond to inquiries. We do not use this information for any other purpose. ASIS Chapter 140 does not sell or lend your information to any third-party marketing group.
- We may gather information about traffic on our web site so that we can continue to develop the site to better suit your needs. This does not include personal information about you, but includes information about your visit on the site such as:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address and the name of your service provider’s service.
- The length of each visit.
- The number of requests per visit.
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
- From time to time, ASIS Chapter 140 may use your personal membership information on file for the purpose of generating analytical reports in order to better understand our chapter demographics. This information may be shared with third-party marketing companies in order to generate such reports.
- Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d’accès à l’information.
NEW!!! CANASA SECURITY CANADA OTTAWA
Ottawa Conference and Event Centre, Ottawa, Ontario
May 9, 2018 – 10-4 p.m. CANASA Ottawa Trade Show
NEW!! Calling Canada – Watch for information on GSX – ASIS’s Annual Seminar discounts!
New!! ASIS Unveils Record-Breaking Education Program for Global Security Exchange
01 May 2018. GSX Information
Congratulations to Toronto ASIS on their 25th Annual Best Practices Seminar! Record attendees!
Local Young Professional Cory Oliveira, PSP, of the Ottawa Chapter won the ASIS International Timothy B. Walsh, CPP Award!
He received the Asset Protections Course scholarship in Florida for 2018. It is all expenses paid. Cory earned his certification as a PSP in December 2017. Congratulations!
Renew Your Membership!
Current membership with ASIS allows you special member-only events, price discount and access to our complimentary Certification Study groups and website.
New Executive confirmed for 2018. Chair Susan Munn, CPP; Vice Chair Stuart Benson, Treasurer Marc Courville, EAO; and Secretary Scott Hill, PSP. Thank you to outgoing Secretary Bruce Beylea!
NEW!! Upcoming ASIS Webinars
Some are subscription and some are free for ASIS members.
Join ASIS for exclusive access – Are you serious about your security career? Are you interested in learning more about the security industry? Consider joining ASIS International. By joining ASIS International, you have access to discounted events, free security resources, and career education. Learn more
Are you interested in the Young Security Professionals? Want to meet other security professionals in the Capital Region? Contact us at [email protected].
Sign-up now to receive monthly updates delivered right to your inbox!